Monday, February 2, 2015

Busy, Busy... And Going to the Temple...

This week was went by fast, again. Nothing special even happened, just working in our area. We didn´t even do any intercambio with the district leaders or anything. We have a little part of our area, I think I told you guys, its called Villa Sara. It takes forever to get there and there are no buses. At the very far end of this little place we have an investigator called Betina. It takes about an hour to get there, have a quick charla and then walk all the back. Its ridiculous. So that takes most of the morning usually. Worth it of course, because she came to church with her little girl who is 5 years old. At first the little girl hated us, we tried everything to make her like us, even making little oragami stuff but she would just destroy it. Finally she warmed up to us and we think they both enjoyed the church. Well we hope so. I guess we will find out when we go visit her again. Which will be thursday because this next week is going to be so busy. 
Listen to this, today is p day and tonight at about midnight we will have to leave to montevideo again and get there at about 6. We have council that whole day then we will stay in our old house in Carrasco for the night. Its funny, because me and my companion were there together and now we are going back. We will say hello to my convert and help the missionaries out there for half a day because..... I´m going to the TEMPLE with Mirta! yeah. My first convert!. She is finally going. This wednesday at 4 in the afternoon. We´re so excited. 
Anyways, the bishop decided he wanted to call me and my companion as ward secretaries so we might have that calling by next week as well. I´m looking forward to that, something new. 
This change, the last 6 weeks, went by sooooo fast. And now my companion is going to be in his last this next week. Crazy, I was with him when he hit a year in my first area. That just seems like last week. Oh well. 
We have some really great investigators called Daniel and Stella. They´ve been taught by the missionaries for about 6 months now because they had to get married. They come to church everyweek and they are basically members already. Well, they have a date to get married the 12th of February. Which is a day after changes. We hope we are both here for that. We went over the baptismal questions with them and they are all good except the wife has a problem with question number 4..... but we know how to take care of it. Testify of the atonement and of the repentance process, express our love and concern for them and assure them that we will do all we can to help them get to their baptism. and as it says in the instruction book ¨do not promise that they will be baptized.¨ I dont have any doubt that she will be baptized, but it´s just the rules. 
Just really amazing to see the power of the atonement working up close and personal with the people. She really came to know that she can be forgiven for the things she did in the past. Cool experience indeed. 
Well I think that´s about it for now. It´s going to be a pretty great week.

Love,
Elder Webbe

No comments:

Post a Comment