Monday, January 19, 2015

Went to Brazil..

This week went by so fast. So much happened, I´m going to try to remember it all. Well tuesday we had district meetings. Part of me misses being district leader because I had more of an influence on the individual missionaries and not just the zone as a whole. But oh well. I sat in on a district meeting of Elder Romero. It was good. 
Wednesday we worked and thursday we only worked a half day because the stake president came to pick us up to go tooooo... Chuy! yeah. We had a little suit case and everything all packed up and ready. The stake president is a bro. Its about a 2 hour drive to chuy. It was the best 2 hour drive of my entire mission. Air conditioning and we went through some of the coolest territory. We drove through the hills of uruguay and then into this perfectly flat feild. Think Kansas. But with hundreds of thousands of palm trees. It was cool. 
Chuy is half in uruguay and half in Brazil. There is a street that divides the two countries and you can just walk back and forth. The street is called Brazil by the Uruguayos and Uruguay by the brazilians. The stake presdent took a little detour so we could go through brazil. Yeahhh. It was weird. Just cross the street and everything is in Portugese. I was pretty amazed that it could change so dramatically just by crossing the street. We did our capacitation with the stake president to the bishop there and then slept on the floor with the elders in their house so that we could do some inter changes the next day. 
As zone leaders we have to do inter changes with all the district leaders in our zone. I went with Elder Ellet from Loa utah. Down by boulder mountain. We worked in brazil. Half of the ward is in brazil and half in Uruguay. So we put a baptismal date with a brazilera. Yeahhhhhh. Me and aaron both preaching to the brazileros. I don´t have my camera with me, but I will send some photos next week. Me and companion bought some junk in brazil and then caught a bus back to 33. We had to stop in a city called Lascano for a ¨layover¨ for about and hour. Having to do the verifying calls on the bus isn´t very fun. We got home around 11 friday night and had to work the next day. Sunday we didn´t have quite the success we were waiting for because most of our investigators our on vacation. 
Oh well, our next baptism will probably be a man called Luis. He smokes, but when we met him he was smoking something like 30 cigarretes a day and now he is down to one or two. And that was saturday. We will go by him today to make sure that he´s quit. I need to send a photo of him as well. Next week. I can´t really remember what else happened this week. I´m sure Ï will later in the day. But thanks for the photos and the family history. That´s super useful.  I spent a good lump sum of money in brazil. sooo. haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment