Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Getting Transferred..



I should be skyping you guys next Sunday in the afternoon sometime. I´m not really sure when because we haven't organized that yet. But we will be getting on it. My companions dad is also bishop in his ward and my comp is going home in about 6 weeks and just got his topic for his homecoming talk so he can give a good talk and not just wing it. That´s a good idea, just when I start getting closer I would like to know so I can get preparing for that too. 

This week we had the mission leadership council and it was.... boring. Usually they are pretty intense and we have some big announcements to bring back to the zone but this time... was boring. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. basically talking about... nothing. Oh well, it was still spiritual and helpful. We came back on the overnight but and we just happened to see Daniel and Stella on the same bus as us, crazy coincadink. We didnt have much time, a few hours spread throughout the next day, to prepare for our zone conference. We made some big changes in our zone because obviously the zone isnt capable of having so much freedom and still be spiritual and obedient. Sooooo with the permission of president and his assistants of course we changed:

Music, nothing other than mormon tabernacle choir and hymns on the piano.
Calls, all phone calls out side of the district have to recieve permission first. 
Soccer. No more soccer allowed in the zone. FINALLY! The latinos didnt like that one, but oh well. 
Language, we ONLY speak in usted, which is formal tense in spanish. Way too much slang. 

Thats just a few. Of course we had a few complaints but we just invite them to pray about it and sure enough we stopped recieving phone calls after that. The zone needed to change and somebody had to do it. Like it says in the missionary handbook, our loyalty is first to the Lord and then the mission president and then our companions (or in our case, missionaries in the zone). amen. Well that basically summed up the week. 

The changes came in last night and I found out Im going to a zone called Maldonado. It is really beautiful. Really touristic as well. Thats where "los dedos" are. you should look them up. I´ll probably actually send a photo of them soon anyways. My new companion will be Elder Delgado from Peru. I like peru, so far all my peru companions have been pretty good. I mean I did spend 6 months with elder Rodriguez. I´ll still be senior comp zone leader there. Im really looking forward to it. We had a good time here elder Ashcraft and I. We learned alot. He shall be missed. 

I think that's about it for now. Ill find out the skype schedule and find a ways to communicate our plans with you before sunday hopefully. 

Thanks,
Elder Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment