Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Staying "Put" for his last Transfer...

Sounds like good stuff with the camping trip. good fun good fun. This week was quite possibly the fastest week of my entire life, lemme tell ya. So monday was p-day and we did that giant bbq/sausage sizzle, Im not gunna lie, there are some pretty mean sausages to sizzle down here. Then on tuesday we got up early to go to montevideo for our leadership council. That was fun, president assigned me and my companion to direct part of the council, that was fun, I always enjoy doing stuff like that. There wasnt really a whole lot to talk about, the mission did alright this last month, but we can do better, so we got alittle bit of the cane for that. We set the new goal, which was just a total of the zone goals, we got our zone goal last month, but we didnt get the mission goal because alot of zones didnt get their own goals, so we made sure that EVERY zone was committed to getting their zone goals. They all said yes.... so we will see. Anyways, we got back late tuesday night and wednesday I had to go out to a little village to do a few baptismal interviews. They lived in some pretty humble circumstances. Their house didnt have more than one room, so I couldnt find a place to be alone to do the interviews so we just used a make shift curtain to divide the room in half and that gave me enough privacy to get through the interview. I try to always make the interview a sacred experience, and that candidates feel the spirit. Its a really sacred covenant and they need to feel that in their interviews. The rest of that day was spent preparing for the zone conference which we did on friday, we had a pretty good zone conference. Get thems emotions going. Saturday we participated in the baptismal service of some elders in the zone, my companion and I were the witnesses. Sunday rolls around and I feel like we had no time. Luana showed up, which was a miracle because we didnt really have a good firm lesson with her this week, Ignacio also showed up, and another un married member and non member coulple we are working with. We had another lesson with Ignacio yesterday, we actually had lunch with him. We showed him a mormon message that has to do with procrastination. I think we got our point across, next charla, its game time, we are just going to go in strong and challenge them to go next week to start the marriage process. Monday night we got the changes, I was prepared for whatever, to leave and train or to stay and die here. Turns out that Im staying here for my last 6 weeks. Im pretty happy. I like my house, my companion, my house-mates and the ward is so legit. 

Thats about it, we had dinner with a man who is investigating, but cant be baptized because he isn{t divorced from his ex wife, and he lives with his new wife, but hes what we call a dry-member, because he knows everything but just isnt baptized. He reminds me alot of dad, just a latin version. haha. he made us a secret sauce for these hamburgers, which was pretty easy to guess what was in it, kinda like dads secret recepies. haha, we also did a service project this week, we made a roof for a house, the houses are all cement here, the roof too, so we made a cement roof on a second story house, with a bunch of buckets and shovels to get it from ground level up to the roof, It was ridiculously hard, the states are so much better with our wooden roofs.Oh well. 

Love,
Elder Webber

our bbq, l and the bretheren from the ward (the one in the red and white is our ward mission leader) 




No comments:

Post a Comment